Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Thirty

Today is Jason's thirtieth birthday!

We did some celebrating over the weekend. Two of Jason's good friends from North Carolina came down on Friday to spend the weekend with us. Friday night, we had a delicious dinner at the house. Jason cooked the steaks, and I took care of the rest. It wasn't a very nice weekend, so Saturday we headed over to the mall. We walked around, had some lunch, and did a little shopping. At Brookstone, the guys found the massage chairs. Needless to say, we were in Brookstone for awhile...

Boys in the massage chairs
Later Saturday afternoon, we headed to my parent's house for Jason's surprise party! Jason knew I had something planned for his birthday, but he didn't know what it was. He said he was surprised! We had a great time at the party with lots of family and close friends. I did a Ford truck theme for the party since Jason is a big fan. I didn't even think to take a picture of the decor, but I did get a picture of Jason's cake. I had Elaine, who made our wedding cake, make Jason a strawberry cake in the shape of a truck. It looked great and was delicious!

Strawberry truck cake!
Here are more pictures from the party:

The "Ogres"
Jason and I
Opening gifts and reading cards...
Sunday morning we went to Northpoint Community Church. Jason's friends wanted to check out Andy Stanley's church because they listen to his podcasts a lot. It was a great service. After a quick lunch, it was time for them to head back to North Carolina.

I snapped a quick picture before they left.
Sunday afternoon we spent some time with Jason's family. Then last night we had Jason's birthday dinner with my family. Charles and MC were in town this weekend so they were able to come too. We also got to spend time with our dachshund niece, Ruth! She's still a cutie, and Daisy was being a little nicer to her last night.

Jason is the dog whisperer
Dear Jason, 
Happy birthday sweet husband!
I hope you have a fabulous 30th birthday. I love you and am so blessed to call you my best friend and my husband. Thirty will be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment