Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Sunrise

One of the positives about working the night shift is that I'm often driving home as the sun rises. I have seen so many gorgeous skies over the last year. On Monday I had a dentist appointment after work, so I got some breakfast before I left the hospital. As I was walking down a hallway lined with windows, I happened to look out and see the sky. I was mesmerized. The sun was just coming up over the horizon, so it was still pretty dark higher up in the sky. The colors were amazing, such vivid reds and oranges. It was gorgeous! I had to go outside and try to make a picture. Unfortunately, none of the pictures I took with my iPhone even remotely captured the colors and amazing beauty. 

Panoramic Picture
The beautiful sunrise reminds me of these verses: 

Psalm 19:1 (NLT)
"The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship."

God is an incredible artist! The sky on Monday morning was just one of His masterpieces!

Lamentations 3:22-23 (ESV)
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."

Just like the sun comes up every morning to begin a new day, the Lord's mercy is new every morning. Each day a fresh start to give Him all the glory.


I am so thankful for the beauty of creation that reflects God's glory and for His new mercies and continued faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment