Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pumpkin Pecan Bread

Pumpkin is something I very much look forward to in the fall.
Last year I found an amazing pumpkin bread recipe, so I had to make it again this year!
This Pumpkin-Pecan Bread recipe is from the Southern Living All Time Favorites cookbook.
It is delicious! One of my favorite recipes for sure.


Pumkin Pecan Bread

3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
1 (15 ounce) can of pumpkin
3 1/2 cups of flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
2/3 cup water
1 to 1 1/2 cups of chopped pecans

Beat sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and cloves at low speed 3 minutes or until blended. Add water and beat until blended. Stir in pecans. Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 9x5 inch loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for an hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire rack.

Special Notes:
The recipe makes 2 loaves- 1 to share or you can freeze it for up to 3 months.
I have used vegetable oil or substituted applesauce instead- both ways are delicious.
I don't have cloves, so I don't put them in. I sprinkle a little extra allspice instead!


Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment