Monday, November 5, 2012

Football and Family

Jason and I were traveling again over the weekend!
This time we went to Tennessee for the football game and to Kentucky to visit Charles and MC.

Friday afternoon we loaded up with Mom and Dad and headed to Knoxville.
We made it there in time to have dinner at Calhoun's and stop in the Alumni Hall store to see what kind of Tennessee stuff they had.

On Saturday we got up really early to head to the game.

Game day outfit: orange pants, Tennessee sweater, orange and white scarf, boots
Arriving on campus
 I wanted to get there early to see Smokey. When I was younger and didn't know a thing about football, I would always watch the sidelines for Smokey during the games. And I love dogs. When my parents texted me a picture of my mom with Smokey before the Alabama game a couple of weeks ago, I was so jealous! Since we had planned on going to Homecoming anyway, I said we had to find him! And we did!

Smokey and I
When we walked up, Smokey went right to Mom. Almost like he recognized her! He was so calm and let everyone pet him and take pictures with him like a pro.

Jason and I with Smokey
After our pictures with Smokey we waited for the Vol Walk. Since the game was early, there weren't as many people that came out early for the walk, so we were up close and personal. The offensive line stopped right in front of us!

Vol Walk and Neyland Stadium
We enjoyed the game, but it was a close one. Tennessee did manage to pull it out in the end.
We always enjoy watching the band too!

Panoramic view of the stadium
Pride of the Southland Marching Band
Jason and I- He looks good in Orange :)
We left the game a little early and headed to Kentucky. We had dinner plans with Charles and MC. They cooked us a delicious dinner and yummy gum drop cookies (without gum drops)- a family tradition!

It was good to be able to spend some time with them and hear how things are going with school, work, and church. On Sunday morning we all went to church with them. It was nice to see where Charles is working and meet their pastor and some of the church people. Everyone was so nice!

After a family lunch, we started the long trek back home.

I'm thankful to have had a wonderful fall weekend with a little football and a lot of family!

No comments:

Post a Comment