Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Happy Birthday Daisy Duke!

In the summer of 2006 there was one thing that I really wanted, a puppy!
We already had one dog though, and my dad had always said we could only have one at a time.

It was the weekend before the 4th of July when Daddy said I could get a puppy. We were picking up Charles's friend to go to the lake and saw her two dogs. I told my dad that she had two dogs and asked why we couldn't have two! Then, he said that I could have a new puppy if I wanted one! I was so excited and couldn't even believe he agreed to it. I immediately told him that he couldn't take it back. I spent the rest of the day at the lake deciding what kind of puppy I wanted and what to name it.

I decided I wanted a miniature dachshund and her name would be Daisy Duke. When we got home that night, we found an ad in the newspaper for a female miniature dachshund. She was about an hour and a half away, but I didn't care. I wanted to get my puppy as soon as possible before my dad changed his mind!

On the 4th of July we made the trip to get sweet Daisy. The breeder only gave us directions to the Wal-Mart and told us to call her when we got there. We arrived at the Wal-Mart and couldn't get in touch with the breeder. She was not answering the phone! I called over and over. I was almost crying at Wal-Mart because I was afraid we would have to go home empty handed. Finally, she answered the phone and gave us the rest of the directions. 

As soon as I saw Daisy's sweet face, I knew I had to take her home! Daisy was an angel that first night, but the second night she was home we were both up crying! She didn't want to be in her crate, and I felt so sorry for her. She weighed less than 2 pounds when we took her to the vet for the first time. She was so tiny!

Daisy has been such a blessing to me. She is the most loving dog. She loves to snuggle and give lots of kisses. And whether we've been gone 2 seconds or 2 days, she is always happy to see us! I am thankful to have her to sleep with me during the day when I'm working and to protect me when Jason has to travel.

May 8th is Daisy's birthday. My little Daisy is 6 years old today! I can hardly believe it. It definitely went by quickly.

Here are some of my favorite pictures of Daisy over the years:
Daisy when she weighed less than 2 pounds!
She loved playing with my shoe
This picture of me is awful, but you can see how small she is!
Daisy and Suzi were best friends!
Daisy LOVES belly rubs!
Daisy also loves tennis balls and playing fetch.
Daisy loves going for a walk
Daisy loves riding in the car with her head out the window!
Daisy loves to perch on the couch and look out the window
Daisy on the boat last summer; she had a blast!

 I love that Daisy cocks her head when you talk to her! She's so funny.


Daisy loves snuggling with Jason!
She likes her sweater when it's cold outside.
Our Sweet Family



Happy Birthday Miss Daisy Duke!
We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment