Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Spring Cleaning

It's my week off, and Jason is out of town working, so I decided to do some Spring Cleaning today! Jason might not even recognize the place when he gets back!

My goal was to get rid of the clutter and get everything dusted and vacuumed. I realized in the process that I haven't taken very many pictures of our place. Someday I think I will want to have pictures of it, so I figured what better time to take pictures than when it's clean!

I started in the living room.
I got rid of all the clutter and found a place to store everything.
Then I dusted- all the bookshelves, end tables, and baseboards.
Next I vacuumed the floor, couches, and chair.

Bookshelves
Couches
Our favorite chair! 
I moved into the "dining room" next. 
Here I washed the table and wiped down all the chairs.
Then I dusted the blinds and window sills and vacuumed.

Jason refinished our table
Next I cleaned the bathroom.
The only extra things I did were dusting the light fixture and cleaning the floor by hand (usually I use the Swiffer). I also wiped down all the cabinets. I just washed the rugs and shower curtain last time I cleaned the bathroom, so I didn't do it this time.


Then I moved on to the kitchen.
I washed the counter tops, wiped down all the cabinets, swept and swiffered the floor, and wiped down all the appliances. I still need to reorganize the pantry, but I figured I could tackle that another day.



Last I cleaned our bedroom.
I found a place for all the clutter and dusted everything!
Then I vacuumed.

We LOVE our bed. So comfy!

From now on I think I will dust more often. The baseboards were awful. 
I used an entire package of these Pledge dust wipes today!
I highly recommend them though!


This is what's left on my list to tackle:
1. Reorganize the pantry
2. Clean the inside of the dishwasher
3. Clean the inside of the washing machine.
4. Clean out and organize the closet.
If anyone has suggestions on how to clean the dishwasher or washing machine I would love to hear them!

While I cleaned, Daisy took some naps and perched on the couch to see out the window!


Love this sweet girl!
Jason and I are so blessed to have this apartment. I am thankful for our time here!

Joshua 24:15 (NIV)
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."



1 comment:

  1. I found this on Pinterest for how to clean your dishwasher: http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/02/how-to-clean-your-dishwasher.html#comment-form
    Haven't tried it yet but I'm sure it works!
    Also, I've read that if you take a dryer sheet and run it across your baseboards it will keep the dust off! I'm going to be doing that too :)

    ReplyDelete