Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spring Break 2012

Last week we took a trip to the beach with some friends of ours for Spring Break.
I LOVE the beach, so I am glad last week was my off week so we could go!
We left as soon as I got home from work Monday morning.
We grabbed a Chick-fil-A breakfast and hit the road to Navarre Beach, Florida.
We got there just after lunch, so we were able to lay out some in the afternoon.

View from the balcony
We were only a little ways down from the pier
Beautiful clear water!
The first night we had dinner at one of our favorite restaurants in Destin, The Crab Trap.
We love the crab cakes, the shrimp, and the grouper! It was so yummy! 
One of the best things about the beach is eating seafood for dinner every night.


Can't go to the beach and skip Fudpucker's!
Tuesday was a cloudy/rainy day, so we decided to go to the outlet mall in Destin and to a movie.We saw The Hunger Games. It was pretty good. I haven't read the books though, and I think it might have made more sense if I had.

Wednesday morning the beach was cloudy, windy, and cold. We braved the chilly weather for a little bit to play bocche ball, but after a little while we headed back inside.

Jason braved the water!
Dark clouds
Jason and our friend, Rod, decided to play golf that afternoon. I went along for the ride because I was getting cabin fever in the condo.

Jason golfing

The course was in a subdivision, and a lot of the houses had these cages over their pools and patios to keep the golf balls out.

Beautiful Sunset
Thursday morning it was cloudy again, but the sun finally decided to come out on Thursday afternoon! We all headed down to the beach to get some sun!


Lots of waves because it was still windy
Thursday was our last night, so we walked the pier before dinner.

View from the Pier
Lots of people were fishing!
Us on the pier!
We headed back home on Friday morning. I'm glad we were able to go even if it was just for a few days! I am definitely looking forward to our trip to Destin with my parents in September.





No comments:

Post a Comment