Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Nicaragua Wrap Up

To finish up the Nicaragua posts I want to share the reflections Jason and I wrote on our last night of the trip.

"This is my first time coming to a third world country, so I was very nervous about this trip. My verse coming into this trip was Isaiah 41:10 'Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.' God has certainly kept these promises to us this week. He has been with us every step of the way, and it has been amazing to see how His plan has worked out even when it didn't seem right to us. He has encouraged us through His word, each other, and the people of Nicaragua. He has given us strength and endurance even through long days and not much sleep. He has given us victory with a successful trip to Nicaragua to help his people. This trip was not about us. It was all about God and His love for His people. Psalm 115:1 'Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name goes all the glory for your unfailing love and faithfulness.'"
Kristen

"This week was really all about humbling ourselves and moving outside of our comfort zones. I believe God calls us not to settle or remain complacent in our walk. This week has really brought to my attention, even as a minister, that we forget the glory of God because we become so busy and overlook the great things he has done for us. The verses that have been my verses for the week are Romans 12:3-5, 'For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgement, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.' We have all worked together using our different talents and abilities all for the glory of God during this trip. This week has shown me that we often sit around waiting for God to show up in our circumstances, but He is really always there. We just get distracted by our personal agendas sometimes."
Jason

The whole group

No comments:

Post a Comment