Thursday, January 5, 2012

An Exciting Opportunity

Our church focuses heavily on missions- both local and international.
The church rents a house in Nicaragua where groups from our church and other churches
can stay when they go to minister to the people there. 
This month our church is sending 3 groups to Nicaragua.
January 7 - 14 is the construction group
January 14 - 21 is the medical group
January 21 - 28 is the language school group

Jason and I are going with the medical group. 
It is certainly a very exciting opportunity! 
I am excited to be able to go and minister to the people of Nicaragua
and share with them the love of God.
I am excited to be able to use all the things I learned in school to further God's kingdom.
I am excited to be able to do all these things with my husband by my side. 

Jason is definitely going to be moral support for me on this trip. 
I have never been on a trip like this before, so I am a little nervous.
Jason hasn't been to Nicaragua before, but he has been to Ecuador and Jamaica on mission trips, so I think he has more of an idea what to expect. 

The unknown has always been a source of fear for me.
That's why I have chosen the following verse to claim for our trip:

Isaiah 41:10 (NLT)
"Don't be afraid, for I am with you.
Don't be discouraged, for I am with you.
I will strengthen you and help you.
I will hold you up with my victorious right hand."

God promises that He is with me, so I do not have to be afraid.
God will give us the strength we need for this trip.
And we will be victorious through Him!

God has already shown Himself so faithful to us as we have prepared for this trip.
He has provided for us financially
And provided encouragement through His word.

I am excited for all that God is going to teach us while we are in Nicaragua.
I pray that he will use us and speak through us to His people there.
Please join me in praying for the 3 groups going to Nicaragua
and all the people they will meet there over the month of January!

Matthew 28:18-19 (NLT)
"Jesus came and told his disciples, 'I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment