Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thankful- Part 2

I can hardly believe this year has gone by so quickly. Thanksgiving is past and now we are on to Christmas! Jason and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with our families. Our friends from North Carolina came and stayed with us for a couple of days with their little ones which was a lot of fun! We had Thanksgiving with Jason's family on Thanksgiving, then with my family on Saturday! So much yummy food and so much fun!

It's my goal to name 30 things that I am thankful for this holiday season. Unfortunately, my computer is not working right now. I'm having to borrow Jason's, so I won't get to post any fun pictures this time!

There is so much to be thankful for even though sometimes we can easily forget all we have been blessed with!

16. I am thankful for my health. I'm glad that Jason and I are both in good health.

17. I am thankful for freedom. We have such great freedom in this country! I am thankful to be able to worship Jesus freely and openly. I am thankful to be able to make my own decisions about my life without government input. I am so thankful to all the soldiers who have fought and are still fighting to protect all the freedoms we enjoy!

18. I am thankful for the Neti Pot! I used to have so many problems with my sinuses and being stuffy until a friend introduced me to the Neti Pot. It washes out your sinuses using saline. It is amazing! Jason completely hates it, but I do it at least 3 times a week. It makes such a difference! You don't realize you aren't breathing as well as you could until you do it and you can breathe!  Give it a try :)

19. I am thankful for prayer. I am so glad that God gives us a way to communicate with Him personally! Prayer allows us to give all our anxieties, worries, and struggles to God. It also allows us to receive comfort, peace, and guidance from Him. What an amazing gift! :)

20. I am thankful for the rain this week. Rain is not my favorite, but we desperately need it. The lake and rivers are way down. Rain is a good thing!

21. I am thankful for holidays! Holidays are so fun because they are the perfect excuse to hang out with family and eat some really yummy food! 

22. I am thankful for appliances! What would I do with out the washer and dryer, the oven, or the dishwasher?!? And what about my cell phone and computer? All of these things make life a lot easier!


23. I am thankful for God's word! I am so glad God gave us such an easy way to learn about Him and His heart. He doesn't make it difficult for us. His love for us is spelled out on each page of the Bible.


24. I am thankful for leaves. When they are green, they help produce oxygen for us to breathe. Then they are beautiful as they change colors in the fall. And even when they fall to the ground I love hearing the crunch beneath my feet.


25. I am thankful for peace. I am so glad that God is control, and I am not. There have been so many times in my life when I thought I knew what was best, but the truth is I don't. If I had my way, so many things in my life would be messed up right now! God is the only one who can see the big picture. I am happy to rest in Him, knowing that His plan is always perfect.


26. I am thankful for football. Jason and I had a great time going to the Georgia games and even a Tennessee game this year! It was great time to spend together and with our friends.


27. I am thankful for Jason's smoker and grill. Jason is a great cook when it comes to the meat! He can smoke some awesome ribs and grill some great steaks. We had some for dinner last night. So yummy! :)


28. Today it is cold and rainy and I am thankful for blankets, sweatpants, and the heat! And of course in the summer I am super thankful for the air conditioning! Also to go along with this, I am very thankful for the heated seats in my car! They are probably my favorite thing about it! Perfect on these freezing days.


29. I am thankful for running water! I take this for granted every day! It is so hard for me to fathom that people in other areas of the world don't have drinking water or bathrooms. I am so blessed to have both of those things to use whenever I want to!


30. I am thankful for air to breathe and lungs that are able to take it in and use it. This is something else I take for granted! I am thankful for the way God made our bodies- lungs to  breathe the air He provides and a heart that beats to bring the oxygen all over!


I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! 
What are you thankful for?


"Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus."
1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment