Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Jehovah Jireh

Jehovah Jireh
It's one of God's many names in the Bible.
It means that the Lord will provide.

I feel that God is reminding me of this particular name. Many, many times God has taught me the lesson that He provides. Throughout the years that Jason and I have been together, Jason has lost his job more than once. Each and every time God has provided. Whether it be construction work with his dad, or now construction work through his own company, Jason has been able to keep busy and working. When I graduated there was a real possibility that I would not have a job, yet God provided and I was able to find a job.

Recently, God is reminding me again that he does provide. Why should I worry about all the little things in my life when I know that God will take care of me?

Matthew 6:25-34 (NLT)
"That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life - whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn't life more than food, and your body more than clothing? Look at the birds. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren't you far more valuable to him than they are? Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? Any why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don't work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all this glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? So don't worry about these things, saying, 'What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?' These are things that dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your Heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today."

God feeds the birds and clothes the lilies of the field. He loves each of us far more than the birds and lilies. He loved us enough to allow Jesus to die so that we can have relationship with him. Of course he will feed and clothe us and provide for our needs! Why do I have so little faith? 

It is so easy to get caught up what is being thrown at me in the world. If I focus only on what I think is lacking, of course I will not see what is actually there! God knows my needs and yours. Seek Him first and He will ALWAYS provide.

1 comment:

  1. Love this!! So thankful we are always given this promise from our King!!!

    ReplyDelete