Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

We started our Labor Day weekend with s'mores on Friday night. We bought a nice fire pit that you can keep on your back porch. Now we can make s'mores anytime we want. I love s'mores so this is pretty exciting for me! Charles came home for the weekend, so he had s'mores with us.


Plate of ingredients for s'mores!
 Fire in the fire pit.

On Saturday we headed downtown to the Georgia Dome for the Georgia/Boise State game. The game didn't end well for Georgia. They really didn't play very well, so Boise State won the game by two touchdowns. The people sitting around us were far more interesting than the game! Since the game was at the Dome, they serve alcohol. Everyone sitting around us was insanely drunk. One guy passed out within the first 5 minutes of the game, one guy threw up on himself, and the girl behind us accused Jason of stealing her beer because he picked it up to keep it from spilling all over my back. We finally got home about 2 am. The MARTA was packed with people who had been at the game!




Sunday after church we had Charles's famous lasagna for lunch with red velvet cake for dessert! So yummy. Charles is a really good cook. I'm super jealous of his skills. Later in the afternoon I went to a baby shower. It was my first baby shower, so I wasn't sure what to expect. It was fun though. Mom to be got so much good stuff and there were so many cute baby clothes! She is having a girl, so lots of pretty pink things. We had to give her some motherly advice. Obviously I don't have much of that! I think it's a good idea though. I will have to remember to ask for advice when I have a baby....sometime in the distant future :)


Today we have really just been lazy. We originally planned to go to the lake, but the weather didn't cooperate. I have definitely enjoyed hanging out in my sweats though. I got a couple of pages of the Kristen and Jason scrapbook done, and we have watched a couple of movies. Just spending some quality time together. I hope you all have had a great Labor Day weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment