Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mr. and Mrs. Ellis

We are back from the honeymoon! I am so excited to share everything about the wedding and honeymoon. Our wedding was beautiful and the honeymoon was amazing! We love St. Lucia! Unfortunately, I had a test today. My first of 3 tests to become a licensed pharmacist, which kept me from updating sooner. 


In the couple of days before the wedding, Daddy wanted to practice our dance. Mom took some pictures, so here we are practicing the father daughter dance in the kitchen!



I decided that Jason and I should probably practice our first dance as well. So the next night we practiced in the kitchen. The first time through Daisy jumped on us the entire time! She didn't like that she wasn't getting any attention. So we danced again with Daisy in between!




Friday finally came and it was hectic to say the least! Mom and I went and got our nails done that morning at 9:30. We got manicures and pedicures so it took awhile. By the time we got done there and got home and cleaned up it was almost noon. I got a few things packed for the honeymoon, ate some lunch, and headed to Athens. Stephanie, my amazing hair dresser, let me come in on Friday afternoon so she could wash and dry my hair and put all the necessary products in it to keep it nice for Saturday. After leaving the salon, I went over to Chick-fil-a. Stephanie told me about the new sweet potato fries (apparently only in select locations right now) which I had to try! They were a good snack for the drive home. I hope all the Chick-fil-a's have them soon!!


When I got home, it was time to get ready for the rehearsal. Unfortunately no one thought to take any pictures so I don't have anything to show you from the rehearsal. It went well though. Very easy and we were done in 45 minutes!


The rehearsal dinner was at Jason's parents church, only about 15 minutes from Flint Hill. Everything was set up in the fellowship hall.



Our sweet friends, Curt and Leslie, took care of decorating and preparing the food. We had steak, chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans. All from our favorite restaurant, Outback! Jason's mom and sister brought all of the desserts. This is Marlene's famous cheesecake!


After dinner, everyone decided to share stories about Jason and I. It was fun to hear stories about Jason from his friends and family, and to hear some old favorites from my family and friends. Here is Daddy sharing his stories.


More pictures from the night...

Mom and Dad

Jason's Mom and Dad

Family

Beautiful Bridesmaids

Aiden and Jaden

Bride and Groom!!
After the rehearsal dinner we all headed home. Jason stayed with his parents, and Lilly and Kristen came and spent the night with me. Once I got home there was still stuff to do. I barely had anything packed for the honeymoon! Lilly and Kristen helped me get everything packed up and ready to go. We finally finished and were ready for bed a little after 1 AM. I tried to get some sleep, but I really didn't get much. Way too excited to sleep!!

No comments:

Post a Comment