Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekend Update!

This weekend was packed but productive.


Friday night we celebrated my sweet daddy's birthday. On Saturday he turned 60, which I still cannot believe! I don't think he looks 60 nor does he act like it! :) Charles came home and fixed dinner for us to celebrate. He made crab cakes, shrimp, asparagus, and potatoes. It was very yummy! My family loves seafood! Hopefully we will see these recipes on his blog soon. Charles also made Nana's famous carrot cake for dessert. It was delicious! 


Nana's famous carrot cake!
Unfortunately, Jason had to work all day on Saturday. I had my make up trial run for the wedding which was very fun. Then Dad, Mom, and I had a birthday lunch at Mimi's Cafe. After lunch we headed to the Mall of Georgia. I took one of my bridesmaid's dresses to the tux place to see if there was a vest to match the green. There isn't so we are going with a champagne colored vest. I think it looks really nice. Dad was able to go ahead and get measured for his tux also. I was also able to get quite a few of our wedding invitations addressed on Saturday night. Next week it will only be two months until the wedding! I can't believe it's already almost time to send out invitations! 

Sunday is always a busy day. We had church in the morning. I love the new church that we are going to. Everyone is so friendly. The Sunday school class we are attending is great! I have learned so much, and they have all been so sweet. Jason will even be preaching there on Easter Sunday in the overflow room. After church Jason and I went to pick out our wedding bands! That was pretty exciting. We had a pretty good idea of what we wanted so it didn't take long at all. I'm really glad we have that done already! Another thing to cross off the wedding check list!

Sunday night we met with our small group. I love our small group. They are all such close friends and it's amazing to me how God has brought us all together to be a support system for each other. I am so thankful for each and everyone of them. I'm excited to see where God will take us!

This will be a busy week, finishing up my last week on this rotation (only 6 more weeks of rotations!!!), and a wedding this weekend. One of my bridesmaids is getting married on Saturday. Her rehearsal is Thursday, then rehearsal dinner on Friday and wedding day Saturday! I am so very excited to share in this time with her! I can't wait to stand next to her on Saturday during her wedding and celebrate with everyone at the reception! It's such an exciting time that we are getting married! We are all grown up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment