Monday, March 21, 2011

Patience

I have been reading Praying God's Word Day by Day by Beth Moore during my quiet time ever since Nana passed away (I found it on her night stand). Last week I read the following entry for March 16th:


Any "No" an earnestly seeking child of God
receives from the throne is for the sake of a
greater "Yes".

Father, help me to remember in my impatience that
the end of a matter is better than the beginning, and
patience is better than pride (Ecclesiates 7:8).

You led Your children, the Israelites, all the way in the
desert for forty years, to humble them and to test them
in order to know what was in their hearts, whether or not
they would keep Your commands (Deuteronomy 8:2).

Help me to understand that sometimes You lead me on
certain paths to humble me also, to see what is in my heart.

Purify my heart, Lord, so that I will be patient in the
waiting times, and so that You will take joy in what You find.

I want to remember that the end is better than the beginning. I also will be praying that my heart is pure during this time of waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment