Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Beginnings

I have great expectations for the year 2011. So many good things are coming this year. However, so far this year has not been the best. Jason and I have experienced a lot of struggles and pain in this short time. We have had to make some really hard decisions. As if our future wasn't uncertain enough, I feel that now it is riddled with even more uncertainty. It has been stressful, painful, and sometimes overwhelming. 


I had an interview yesterday for a job after graduation. They asked me about my personal life. After explaining the current situation Jason and I have found ourselves in recently, the interviewers pointed out that our situation sounds very stressful and asked how I deal with all the stress. What a great question!! My only answer is God and prayer. I am glad that they asked me that question because it gave me the opportunity to share my faith in God and his provision for my life. It also caused me to realize how much I truly rely on God to help me in every circumstance. I think sometimes I forget how much I really do need God. Having to answer that question was a great reminder to me. As Jason always says, "You never know how much you need Jesus until He is all that you have."


I also don't think the pain, struggles and tough decisions have been in vain. I have learned a lot since the beginning of the year, even though it has been a short amount of time. These are things I have learned or that I knew but have become so much more real to me:


1. God knows exactly where I have been and exactly where I am going. His plan for me has been set since the beginning of creation. (Psalm 139)
2. I have learned who my true friends really are.
3. I have also learned to value and appreciate my true friends even more.
4. I have learned to trust my intuition. 
5. Following what God's plan is for me is most important. It doesn't matter what other people think. It is not God's plan for them.


While the first part of 2011 has not been the best, I am thankful for the experiences. What has happened this year has brought Jason and I closer together and strengthened our relationship. It has also strengthened my relationship with God. And I still have high hopes for the year 2011. It can only get better from here!


Psalm 62:8 "Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge."

No comments:

Post a Comment